Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Only a few days left to enter to win a genuine cameo!

I love doing contests. It’s a great way to spread the word about my books, and since I do jewelry as prizes, I get to shop for sparklies. It’s a win-win for me. :}

I can’t be sure how many readers I’ve actually garnered from doing my author contests, but I love that I can reward my readers for their loyalty to me and my books. I have readers that have been signed up for my newsletter for years, and I’m always excited when the random number generator picks their number.

I have a contest for a Victorian cameo running on my website now for my latest release, my Victorian romance, MY UNFAIR LADY. (It’s an easy one to enter…I’ve posted a copy of it below.) With my RELICS OF MERLIN series, it was easy to choose the prize, since each magical relic was spelled in a specific jewel. For my new series, THE ELVEN LORDS, I wasn’t quite sure what to choose. There are no magical jewels in these books (although there are magical scepters), so I just kept thinking, what would be a perfect prize for romance readers?

Two words. Chocolate. And diamonds.

So how about chocolate diamond jewelry for prizes? Oh, yes, I had a great time shopping for those! I’m only sad that the first book in the series, THE FIRE LORD’S LOVER, isn’t scheduled for release until July 2010. But since I always do promotions months in advance, I’ll be able to start those contests after I award the winner of the cameo for MY UNFAIR LADY. Gotta love contests. :}

Warmly, Kathryne

THIRD cameo contest for MY UNFAIR LADY Help me launch the December 2009 release of my Victorian romance novel, MY UNFAIR LADY! The prize for this THIRD contest is a large handcarved Italian genuine shell cameo pendant set in precious metal. Entering is easy! Just sign up for Kathryne Kennedy's newsletter at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KathryneKennedy/

A winner will be randomly chosen using RANDOM.ORG. Existing newsletter subscribers are automatically entered. Your information will be kept confidential. Contest ends February 28, 2010. Void where prohibited by law. You must be 18 years or older to enter. No prize substitution permitted. This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment