Friday, January 14, 2011

Just finished the final edits for the sequel to THE FIRE LORD'S LOVER

Book 2 in THE ELVEN LORDS series, THE LADY OF THE STORM, is scheduled for release in August 2011, and I'm thrilled to have finished the final edits for the book. Since I'm a stickler for details (the prefectionist curse) it's always such a pleasure to have a new set of eyes read through my work, and I have to say, my copyeditor did an amazing job of catching the smallest of details. (For example, I have a tendency to use "his own body" "Her own hand" and "own" is redundant and can be deleted without changing the meaning of the sentence.) Maybe this is a small detail, but the goal is for my readers to be swept up in the story, to have the writing so tight and smooth that you don't notice it.

Before I became a writer, my favorite authors always made writing look so effortless, and I thought a book was just born that way. Trust me when I say, a lot of hard work goes into the final product. My hope (with the help of my publisher) is that you will be swept away by the story and characters, and that my writing will only enhance the adventure for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment